George Uboh, is the Chairman of George Uboh Whistleblowers Network (GUWN) and George Uboh TV, he recently issue a press statement on alleged financial infractions by Edo State Governor Obaseki in a document titled REPORT ON EDO STATE GOVERNMENT BANK STATEMENTS FROM 2015 TO 2019 ISSUED BY GEORGE UBOH WHISTLEBLOWERS NETWORK (GUWN) on Monday, September 14, 2020
In the letter he accused the executive governor of Edo State of financial improprieties that runs into several billions of Naira in many ghost accounts.
The whistleblower who has in the past blown lid on major financial crimes, some of which includes; the EFCC and the Office of the Vice-President.
The group did not only expose the anomaly but also issued Gov. Obaseki a 48 hours ultimatum to respond to the grave allegations brought against him.
Below is a list of the damaging findings as reported by the Whistleblower.
1) Transfers made into 8-digit account numbers running into Billions of Naira;
2) Transfers in Billions of Naira from Edo State Government to generals purpose accounts in different banks, including but not limited to Equatorial Trust Bank (which is not in operation), Access Bank, Sterling Bank etc. Posers: what does generals purpose stand for? Are these funds dissipating from these generals purpose accounts in these banks? The red flag is clear and convincing.
3) We found Billions of Naira in transfers to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) without being specific on the particular MDAs. Transfers should not be in bulk figures in Billions of Naira without specifying the MDAs and their respective account numbers.
4) We found that Billions of Naira passed through Edo State Government to companies like A&K Construction without specifying the accounts of the companies. in other words, Edo State Government released money to itself, mentioned companies like A&K Construction without mentioning the recipients’ accounts. Without those details, we can conclude that the monies have no destinations.
5) Billions of Naira were transferred in numerous tranches without account numbers and account names of the purported recipients.
6) Billions of Naira debited as Value Added Tax (VAT). This contravenes common sense. VAT should be a credit not debit. Why would you move Billions out and give the narration as VAT? VAT collections are credits, not debits.
7) Billions of Naira released as salary from EDSG without specificity. August 2019 alone, N746,622,765:33 and N693,388,159:31 were moved under the narration salary from EDSG. This is very suspicious, particularly the proximity of the transactions and others above to the election.
These are some of the grievous financial impropriety allegations leveled against the Governor and it is a thing the anti-graft agencies must be working on to make sure the Governor face the wrath of law should he be found culpable
Below is the attached letter;