News

Two electrocuted in Cross River’s storm

House wife and a student of Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) have been reported dead after being electrocuted at their resident in Cross River State.

The incident occurred on Monday at about 7.30pm during a slight windstorm at no 14 Adak Uko street in Calabar South local government of the state.

Tuesday that electricity high tension wire violently sparked and fell upon the zinc of a containerized shop at No. 14 Adak Uko Street by the popular Mbukpa market in Calabar South LGA of Cross River State.

“A woman who is the owner of the shop, whose name was not immediately known tried to escape from her burning shop, but incidentally touched an erected iron holding Television antenna and was shocked and she died instantly.

“Another victim, about 18 years old and a student of the department of architecture in the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) also ran behind the woman and his body touched the electrocuted woman and died on the spot.

The husband of the woman who had just returned from work, tried to save his electrocuted wife was also electrocuted but he revived and survived.

Bungalows of 19 rooms as well as a drug store were razed completely but the patent medicine store owner and tenants, including the landlord escaped unhurt while their properties were burnt.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close